When you buy an electric scooter, I think you will have a lot of questions about it.
- How long does it take to charge an electric scooter?
- How long can the battery of an electric scooter last?
- How to charge the electric scooter correctly？
- How to prolong the battery life of electric scooter？
- How much is the charger for the electric scooter?
- How much is the battery of the electric scooter?
In this article, I will bring you all the information about charging the electric scooter.
How long does it take to charge an electric scooter?
There are generally three types of batteries for electric scooters, and the charging time of electric scooters depends on the time required for different types of batteries.
Most electric scooter suppliers use this type of battery in the market at present. It can be charged at any time with a faster-charging speed without damaging its service life. Best of all, it is light in weight, and it usually takes 4-6 hours to charge to the maximum capacity according to the battery capacity.
Hiboy uses lithium electronic batteries. Generally, electric scooters can be charged to the maximum capacity in 4-6 hours.
This type of battery needs to be completely drained before charging, so it takes longer to charge to its maximum capacity.
Lead-acid batteries are one of the oldest battery types. This type of battery has a slow charging speed and a large current, usually taking about 12 hours to charge to the maximum capacity.
How long can the battery of an electric scooter last?
Generally speaking, an electric scooter's battery can be used for 1-3 years or 500-1000 charging cycles. It is difficult to assume the exact time because it depends on many factors, such as how often do you charge the battery? How many times you use it every day, etc., are all important factors that affect the battery's service life of the electric scooter.
How to charge the electric scooter correctly？
When the battery of your electric scooter is running low, an indicator notifies you about it. As soon as you notice this, it is necessary that you charge your electric scooter and don't let the battery fully drain.
When you decide to charge the electric scooter, just insert the charger into the scooter's charging port. When you're about to unplug, first switch off the power outlet, remove the charger from your scooter and then unplug the adapter from its source.
How to prolong the battery life of electric scooter？
Follow these simple steps to make your battery last longer:
- If you’ve just come back from a long ride on your e-scooter, give it some time before you start charging the battery. I would recommend waiting for 10 to 15 minutes to let the battery cools off. This is to avoid overheating the battery and shrinking its lifespan.
- If you’re going on a vacation or aren’t going to ride your electric scooter for a long time, I’d recommend charging it to about 70% before putting it away. This helps preserve the battery and increase its lifespan.
- Ensure you charge your electric scooter after every ride, no matter if the low-battery indicator light comes on or not.
- Keep your e-scooter away from the sun, heat, rain, and water. If your battery isn’t exposed to these elements and is kept in a safe environment, it will last way longer than you expect.
- We recommend that you use the charger configured by Hiboy. Because our chargers are tailored for the battery's input power, which is the most suitable charger for your scooter. If your charger is lost, please purchase it on Hiboy website as soon as possible, and avoid using other chargers not to affect the battery life.
How much is the charger for the electric scooter?
Hiboy all electric scooter chargers are sold for $30.If you want to replace it, you can purchase it on Hiboy website.
How much is the battery of the electric scooter?
The price of batteries depends on different electric scooters, and the battery price of all electric scooters in Hiboy is $89.
Now that you know all the information about charging the electric scooter, please remember to keep the above information in mind when charging the scooter. Follow the above steps, and I will ensure that your battery can be used for at least 2-3 years. Always fully charge the electric scooter, use the original charger provided by Hiboyand keep the scooter in a safe and dry environment.